Making a soil factory
Did you know that you can make your own soil on your balcony?
The end product of bokashi composting is not yet soil, but first class compost basis. You get that, when you have filled your bokashi composter and let it ferment in peace for about two weeks. After that, the produced pre-compost can be turned into soil in a so-called soil factory. This can be done even on a balcony!
What do you need to make a soil factory?
For turning your bokashi pre-compost into soil in a soil factory you’ll need:
- A large container, a plant pot, or a grow bag
- Garden soil
- Bokashi pre-compost
Soil factory step-by-step:
- Get yourself a container or a large plant pot.
- Fill the first third of the container with soil to cover the bottom thoroughly.
- On top of the soil, add your fermented bokashi pre-compost. Mix it together with the soil. Add some more soil if needed.
- Lastly, cover the bokashi pre-compost with more soil.
- Leave the soil factory to do its magic.
- In a couple of weeks the pre-compost has turned into soil that you can use in your garden or for your plants!
If you want to learn more about bokashi composting, take a look at this blog post!