The tower consists of
- four stackable trays, 3 with drainage holes and 1 without to be used to collect the water
- a lid
The trays can either be stacked in two ways to create different growing environments: with a space in between to allow light to reach the sprouts, or without a space in between to create a moist, dark environment.
The trays and the lid are made out of terracotta material that stores water continuously releases it to the sprouting seeds.
It creates a natural environment for the seeds to grow in. and a good ventilation.
You can also use the terracotta sprouting tower for growing microgreens.
How to use the terracotta sprouting tower:
- Soak the sprouting seeds of your choice overnight.
- Next day, rinse the seeds and spread them evenly on the terracotta trays.
- Stack the trays and leave the sprouts to grow.
- Rinse the sprouts at least once a day, the terracotta trays have holes in them for water drainage, besides the the lowest tray that can be used to catch the drips of water.
- In few days (depending on the sprout variety) the sprouts are ready to be eaten! Store them in the fridge in a container, and make sure to rinse before consuming.