Measeure the temperature of the soil with this soil thermometer
With this soil thermometer you can make sure the soil temperature is safe for seeding, potting and planting. It is easy to read (in Celcius) for easy monitoring of the soil temperature.
How to use the soil thermometer:
- Insert the thermometer 5 to 8 cm deep into the soil.
- Wait 3 minutes.
- Record the temperature.
Ideal soil temperature for planting plants outside:
- January to end of February: 0-4 °C
- Early March to mid March: 4-7 °C
- mid March to mid April: 7-10 °C
- mid April to mid May: 10-13 °C
- mid May to August. 13-16 °C
- September to October: 4-13 °C
- November to December. 0-4 °C